Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lauren conquers Lone Mountain

Two or 3 years ago, Lauren went with me to climb Spooky Hill. She had to stop halfway up and lay down for a while. She was ghostly pale and trying not to barf. Since then, she has had a baby. The weight she gained inspired her to start exercising. Yesterday, she, Jake and I climbed Lone Mountain. We were going faster than I usually do and she didn't have any trouble keeping up. The only problem she had was with bugs flying in her ear, hair, and down her throat. I inhaled one, too, and it was disappointingly flavorless.


A view from the top of Lone Mountain. Four Peaks is in the distance and the Goldfield Mountains are in the fading sunlight. Spooky Hill is that tiny bump in the middle on the far left.

I just had a brilliant idea. I was thinking that people might look at that picture above and wonder, "Is Spooky Hill that small bump, or that really small bump next to it?" I can show you exactly where it is. I used Google's people naming feature to name the mountains and other stuff. When you look at the picture in the web album, move your cursor over the picture and a box will be drawn over various features, with the name at the bottom. This is nifty. You can also move your cursor over the "people" names to the right and the items will be highlighted. Why did it take me so long to think of this? There are a couple of bugs (a kewpie doll to the first person to list them) with using this feature this way, but it's still pretty handy.


Jake and Lauren at the top. She doesn't even look tired. He wasn't tired. He had to go running later for some exercise.

Wow, I'm excited about my discovery, but it's late and I'm sleepy. Good night. Oh, click below to see all of the pictures. Two or 3 of them have names placed on geological features.

2010_05_12

No comments: