Monday, November 15, 2010

Another attempt at another canyon

There's another canyon in the Goldfield Mountains that I've been trying to get to for a few years. I decided to try it from a different angle on Sunday.


My destination.

The problem I've always had with getting to that canyon in the past is that by the time I get close, I'm too tired. I hadn't approached it from the angle I was going to try this time, though.


Interesting clouds before I started hiking.

As it turned out, that was one of the worst approaches I've tried. I kept encountering bigger obstacles until I decided I was tired enough. Then I decided to see if I could find a crested saguaro I had seen in that area before. Amazingly, I remembered almost exactly where it was.


I was hiking with a co-worker (Paul) when he spotted this a few years ago.

There was another strange looking saguaro I had seen out there years ago. I couldn't find it on this hike, though. I may go back soon just to look for it. Click below to see all of the pictures.

BC_2010_11_14

No comments: