Friday, June 08, 2012

Back to doing treasure hunts

I got back into doing Photo Point photography again on Saturday. The ones that I'm working on now are in a part of Tonto National Forest that I've never visited before. Well, I probably haven't visited most of it. It's huge. Anyway, I was near the Agua Fria National Monument, along Bloody Basin Road.


I think this used to be a ranger station.

It wasn't an extremely hot day to begin with, and I was at about 4000 feet, so it was only about 95. The breeze felt really nice, except I spent most of my time down amongst trees that blocked the breeze. It was a nice day to be wandering around the desert. The gnats weren't too bad out there, either.


I didn't realize how dependent I was on saguaros until I looked at these pictures. How the heck can I tell if they're straight? There's nothing out there that can be counted on to be horizontal or vertical. Well, then, I guess it doesn't matter.

I didn't have to do much walking around until I got to the last set of pictures to be taken. The road leading to the area was in bad shape and I didn't want to get stuck out there. I parked and walked about half a mile. By then the sun was low enough that it wasn't a real problem.

As usual, I got started on the way out there kinda late. That turned out to be a good thing since I forgot to put sunscreen on. I only got about a third of the pictures I thought I would be able to get in one day, so I'll be out there again soon. Click below to see all of the pictures.

2012_06_03

No comments: