Sunday, September 16, 2012

A stroll in Bulldog Canyon

It felt a little cooler yesterday so I decided to go for a short hike. I didn't want to do a lot of climbing so I figured I would wander around a "flat" area in Bulldog Canyon, and maybe climb a small hill.


I've been in that area several times before but I had forgotten lots of details, so it wasn't as boring as I was afraid it might be. It felt like the humidity was still kind of high. There were very few tracks in the washes since they had been wiped clean by recent rains. Termites had covered many sticks on the ground with dirt (to keep them from dehydrating as they munch on the wood).



The ocotillos have fresh green leaves.


Termites at work.

I climbed a small hill. I'm pretty sure I've been on it before. I don't seem to have any pictures there on Panoramio or Google Street View, so maybe it was a different hill. I need to get busy and fill that area with pictures. Click below to see all of this hike's pictures.

2012_09_15

No comments: