Friday, July 03, 2009

So-so sunset?

It was very cloudy all day yesterday, and it didn't get too hot. So can you guess what I did? That's right, I mowed the grass. It was getting pretty tall and Suzanne was worried we were going to get a letter from the HOA. I didn't take any pictures while I was doing that, though. After I finished mowing, I figured I could get out to Canyon Lake in time to catch the sunset. With all the clouds around (with appropriate gaps), I thought it had potential to be a spectacular sunset.


I walked along a short trail at a high point between the lake and Tortilla Flat. It has a nice view of the lake. It was a little early in the year for the best angle of the sun over the lake. I'll have to check it again in August. The sunset wasn't as colorful as I had hoped, but it was still very nice. It was also nice because it was quiet out there, and because there still weren't any gnats.


It's the time of year for millipedes to be out, and I saw a couple out there. Click below to see all of the pictures.


2009_07_02

No comments: