Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A late afternoon stroll

Now that it's cool enough to hike right after work, it also gets dark soon after work. So I hurried out to Bulldog Canyon after work and parked at the side of Bush Highway and headed for a hill that I wasn't sure I had climbed before. Once I got up there, it looked a little familiar. I think I had been up there when I hiked out to that pit dug in the middle of a relatively flat area.


This used to be a road that the local yokels used to go to target practice.

The sun was pretty low by the time I got to the top of the hill. I'm glad I finally figured out how to prevent all the pictures from having such a strong reddish hue that late in the day.


A stick. One of the most critical factors in photographing a stick is the position of the sun. It was a little too far north for this picture.

I only had time to cover about a mile. Took me an hour. I had to keep stopping to enjoy the view.


I took several pictures of this saguaro. Didn't like most of them.

Click below to see all of the pictures.

BC_2011_10_18

No comments: