Sunday, March 18, 2012

The annual Bulldog Canyon get-together

A group of guys from work had the annual get-together at Bulldog Canyon this weekend. It was beautiful out there on Friday afternoon. I went for a short hike and got a few pictures from the top of a nearby hill.


View of the camp site.


I took a 360 degree panorama.

I didn't camp out this time, either. It's just hard to do that when I'm so close to a hot shower and a soft bed. I took the Ranger out there on Saturday and we took a tour of Bulldog Canyon. It was an overcast and gloomy day, so I didn't get many pictures. I saw four snakes during the day.


A gopher snake.


Rattle snake.


Reminds me of honeysuckle, but I wonder if it's that poisonous plant that just looks like honeysuckle.

It was supposed to rain on Saturday but I don't think it ever did. It did rain during Saturday night. Hard. Glad I wasn't camping out there. I hope Vincenzo did OK. He was in a tent, and had ridden a motorcycle out there. It kept raining off and on all day today, too. There was snow down below 4000 feet, which means the Superstitions got some. It looks like Four Peaks might have had a lot, too, but there were too many clouds over there to tell for sure.


Snow on the Superstition Mountains, and people taking pictures of it.

Click below to see all of the pictures.

2012_03_16

2012_03_17

2012_03_18

No comments: