Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A hill near the Gila river

When looking at the end of Cochran Road on Google Earth, it looks like there ought to be a way to get across the river. I went looking for it on Saturday. I haven't found it yet.


It looks like the water might be shallow all the way across right here. Might be able to wade across, but there's no place to drive.

After taking a couple of pictures of the river, I decided to climb a nearby hill. It looks like people used to drive up it but haven't for a few years. I took a few pictures from up there and started driving towards home. Along the way there were some nice looking red cholla flowers. I had to stop and get a few pictures of them.


That's a pretty color.


Ocotillo flowers.


I was working on the pictures Saturday evening when the unthinkable happened. My NAS quit working. It had turned itself off. I turned it back on and it flashed an error code. I eventually figured out that one of the drives had an error. Fortunately I have it configured as a RAID array. The next day I bought another drive, installed it, rebuilt the array and 20 hours later everything was back to normal (it takes a long time to rebuild a 2 terabyte RAID array). I think I'll see if the drive with the error is salvageable. Maybe it just has a bad sector or something and I can use it to store off-site backups or something (after repairs). Click below to see all of the pictures.

2012_04_28

No comments: