Thursday, May 03, 2012

A short hike

I need to do more hiking. I've gotten flabby lately. It's just too much fun to play with Emily after work instead of hiking. I need to get out there now, though, before I start complaining about it being too hot. So yesterday I went looking for a particular flower that I wanted to photograph. It's near the Superstition Mountains.


There was something going on when I got there.

There were a lot of vehicles and a channel 3 news truck at the Crosscut trailhead when I got out there. Turns out a woman had fallen off a cliff at the end of the Massacre Grounds trail. I haven't been on that trail since the road to the trailhead was closed. It's a long walk just to get to the start of the trail.


Saguaro flowers are blooming. I'm going to try to get a picture of one this year. It's difficult to do because I'm not 15 feet tall.


I took a bunch of pictures of the Supes.


Somebody went to a lot of effort to put cairns along this "trail".

The flower that I wanted to get a picture of on this hike hasn't bloomed yet. I'll have to check back in a few days. I hope I don't miss it. Click below to see all of the pictures.

2012_05_02

No comments: