Monday, August 12, 2013

Hike to an overlook of Saguaro Lake

This is someplace I've been before. I thought I might be able to find a more direct route, but I still went up and down and up and down and ... There might be a way to get there without all that, but it might be a long walk, too.


I followed this wash for a little way. It's still packed hard from recent rains, so walking was easy.


There were still puddles from recent rains, too.


There was even green moss.

The hike up to the top of the cliff was pretty boring. I made a video of getting to the top of the cliff where there's a view of the lake. I've decided I don't like the way videos look on my blog, though, so you will have to click here to see it. You can hear me freak out when I realize that I'm standing on the edge of a 300 foot cliff.

I walked a short distance to the east along the cliff. I was from 4 to 6 feet from the edge. I kept realizing that I was leaning away form the cliff. It probably would have looked funny if you could have seen it. I'm pretty sure nobody saw me, though. I waved to some people on the the lake but they didn't wave back. I thought about saying "Hello" but was worried that they might think I was in trouble and send help. Then I really would be in trouble. When I meet people on a trail, they often ask if I'm OK. When I say "Yes", they ask if I'm sure I'm OK. I must look really bad when I'm hiking.


View from the top of the cliff.

The view from up there is very nice. It's easily worth the pointless ups and downs to get there. Just don't forget where you parked. No, I didn't forget, but I can see how that would be easy to do. I made careful note of where along the road I had parked so I would know which way to turn no matter where I was along the road when I got back to it. Click below for all of the pictures.

2013_08_07

No comments: