Sunday, February 23, 2014

Saguaros and clouds

As I drove home from work one day, I noticed how great the clouds looked. We get a lot of blah clouds this time of year, but these were fluffy and interesting looking. I changed clothes and quickly ate a snack and went out to chase clouds.


Some fluffy clouds.
I thought about what mountains I would like to have in the pictures with the clouds, but that would pretty much limit me to taking pictures in one direction, which would get boring. So I decided to include saguaros in the pictures with the clouds. There are plenty of those around and you can take pictures of them from just about any angle.


The clouds in that direction weren't as good, but they weren't bad.

The clouds didn't look quite as good by the time I got out there, but that didn't slow me down. I left the camera turned on so I wouldn't have to keep setting up the exposure bracketing for HDRIs and wandered around taking pictures of just about everything.


A stick.


An occasional picture like this looks interesting, but they get old fast, too.


Sometimes, good saguaros aren't in positions to allow good pictures.


Sometimes, it's like they're on a stage.


The clouds got less interesting as it got later.


I heard some coyotes howling over there. They were pretty close. Of course, I never saw them.



I kept taking pictures until there wasn't enough light.


Unless you plan ahead, you may not get good saguaros in your sunset pictures.

Click below for all of the pictures.

BC_2014_02_04

No comments: