Saturday, March 24, 2007

A stroll through Bulldog Canyon

I was planning to work all day today, but after an hour at work, I realized I couldn't go any further until I got some information I needed from somebody else. Rats. Nothing to do but go for a hike. There were still some clouds around from the recent rains. The humidity was still high, too, so I didn't want to do anything too strenuous. I just strolled along looking for things to take pictures of. I saw the first hedgehog cactus flowers of the season. They are so bright they are easily spotted. I only saw two hedgehogs with flowers. The others are covered with buds.


Fairy dusters are blooming. I saw a cactus I don't think I've ever come across before. I think it might be a pencil cholla. If anybody recognizes it, please tell me what it really is. I was feeling kind of quesy by the time I got to it, so I didn't get any good pictures.


Bulldog Canyon 2007_03_24

No comments: