Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lindsey in Bulldog Canyon

Most of today's pictures are of Lindsey, so I named the blog for her. We climbed almost to the top of the butte shown in the picture below. She wasn't feeling too good, so we didn't make it to the very top. We did get to the top of that bright cliff on this side of the butte.


 


It was a little warm today. Low 90's, I think. We were sweating. It was a beautiful day for a hike. The first picture is Lindsey when we had gotten past the steep part of the hike. Next is Lindsey looking through a stone arch. Finally, there is Lindsey standing on the cliff. Unfortunately, you can't even tell there's a cliff there. It looks like there might be a small cliff, but it is not small. I have to lay down to peak over the edge, and it takes my breath away. Behind her is the ridge I've been to the top of a couple of times recently.


Lindsey in Bulldog Canyon


On the way down, I kept hearing her slip and squeal. When I would look around, she would be standing there and say, "I'm OK". Later she showed me how red the palms of her hands were from stopping her falls.


One last thing; I finally got the video of Alex added to the album from the hike he and I went on a couple of days ago.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: