Thursday, March 15, 2007

Alex and I hike in Bulldog Canyon

Alex and I finally got our schedules coordinated and went for a hike in Bulldog Canyon. We climbed what looked like a small hill. It looked much taller from the top (which was at 2121 feet). The sun is still setting pretty early, so it was dark by the time we got back to the truck.


I almost got hurt on this hike. On the way down, I stepped on a rock that looked pretty solid. It wasn't. At first I was afraid I was going to twist an ankle. I managed to avoid that. Then I was afraid I would break a wrist. Avoided that, too. Then I was about to go head first into a large barrel cactus. Dodged that, too. Some how in all that twisting and contorting I wrenched a muscle in my side. I also hit my leg on a rock just below the knee. All minor stuff considering how worried I was when that rock first slipped away.


I think Alex had a good time. He was bored to tears by the time I parked the truck, but then he had fun. He was talking about how rough the road was and kept saying something about "... if you flip the truck again ...". I don't know why he thinks I've flipped the truck before.


The first picture is the hill we climbed (the taller one). Next is a natural stone arch we found along the way. Then a picture showing what happens when you get too close to cholla. I had to get the pliers out. Then a few pictures of the surrounding mountains. The picture that looks so bland is the one where you are supposed to find my truck. There's Alex on top of the hill, and then a bunch of sunset pictures. It was a beautiful sunset. Somewhere in there is a short video of Alex slip sliding down the hill.


BC_2007_03_15

2 comments:

Skid Plate said...

I don't see a video.

Unknown said...

It was still uploading. It should be there now.