Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Another failed attempt

Date: January 1, 2008
Location: Bulldog Canyon
Time and temperature: Start - 1425, 65
End - 1615, 62
Distance hiked: A little over a mile
Elevation change: At least 420 feet


Ramblings: Wow, it was windy today. It was out of the northeast, so naturally it warmed up today. I can't figure that out. Maybe I'm really in Australia.


Today I tried to reach the top of the mountains again. And failed again. It was a lot of fun, though. I made several short videos and I'll be putting those on here if they get through "processing" (I'm uploading them now).


Ah, the first video is ready! There were lots of holes in the rock up there, and I didn't think pictures did a good job of showing them, so here's a video.




I got about as far up as I usually do before I encountered an obstacle I couldn't (or wouldn't) get around. I'm sure there's an easy route up there, I just have to find it. I could see another potential route from where I was, but I didn't have enough water (or energy) to try it today.


Here's a video of a bug that I haven't succeeded in getting a good picture of. I've been trying for years, but it won't be still.




Here's a video of a small cave with a "skylight".




And here are the pictures.


BC_2008_01_01

No comments: