Sunday, January 20, 2008

Moonlight photos

The moon is almost full tonight. I went out to Bulldog Canyon to try to get some pictures of mountains light by moonlight. I had only taken about 14 pictures when my batteries went dead. I would have been disappointed, but my knee was starting to hurt and I needed to get out of the cold. It was about 40 and it didn't feel bad, but I guess it was getting to my knee. Anyway, I could only set the shutter to be open for 15 seconds. I think I needed about a 2 minute exposure. Many of the pictures look completely black. It was hard to tell if I had the camera pointed in the right direction. I also tried using a bright (1 or 2 million candlepower) spotlight to light up the scene, with limited success. When I got home, I tried the Picasa2 "I'm feeling lucky" button on the pictures. It made stuff show up in pictures that looked like they had nothing in them. Check them out here.


BC_2008_01_20

No comments: