Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cottonwood Creek

The weather wasn't as bad today as I thought it might be. Still, I didn't go hiking. Instead, I drove down Four Peaks road, all the way to Cottonwood Campground. I haven't been out there for a long time. There is water flowing in Cottonwood Creek; probably snow melt coming off of Four Peaks. I saw a little snow up on the peaks, but it didn't show up in my pictures.


Sometimes while I'm out hiking, I see helicopters heading out towards The Rolls, the OHV area in the foothills of Four Peaks. Today I saw a couple of crosses beside the dirt road that I hadn't seen out there before. I also saw a dirt bike laying on the side of the road and a guy limping slowly along the road with his boot undone. Those people must be having a whole lot of fun, up until the end that is. There seems to be a disproportionately high number of accidents out there. That isn't too surprising, though. There have been several occasions when an ATV or dirt bike has come flying around a corner right at me, and had to fight to avoid hitting me or going off the road. And I don't even drive on the left side of the road like they do.


I must be getting old. All the dumbasses (pardon my French) out there are really starting to aggravate me.


I once asked a Frenchman what they say in France when they curse. He said, "Oh, we say 'Pardon my French'". I thought it was funny. I guess you had to be there.


2008_01_26

No comments: