Monday, April 28, 2008

Attack of the gnats

Suzanne and I tried to go for a hike near the Superstition Mountains today. I had a feeling it might not be a lot of fun, though, because on the way out there, I could see that the wind had quit blowing. That's a bad thing during gnat season.


It started out nice. As soon as we got out of the truck, Suzanne spotted a red tailed hawk circling not too far away. Then the gnats moved in. She didn't complain near as much as I did, even though she must have snorted at least 4 up her nose. We walked a little ways and I just couldn't stand it any more. Every time I tried to take a picture, they went for my ears. It's like they knew I was too busy to swat. There were some very pretty prickly pear flowers out there. Anyway, since we didn't hike for very long, we drove out to Canyon Lake to look around. There was very little traffic. It was nice and quiet out there.


2008_04_28


I think I'm going to take a shower now. I still feel like I've got gnats crawling on me.

No comments: