Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Salt River

My Bulldog Canyon pass has expired. I didn't remember that until I was halfway there today. I parked at the Blue Point entrance and was planning to go explore south of the river, but from the top of a small hill I could hear water roaring through the river in the distance. I decided to go check it out. It did seem to have more water than usual flowing through it.


Last weekend, on the Boulder Canyon trail, I saw a couple of large, red and black bugs. Today I found a bunch off them. They were acting like Texas love bugs. No, not splattering all over car windshields. The other thing.


I don't think it could have been a better day for a hike. Beautiful blue sky, temperature in the upper 70's (which is cool when the air is dry), and a gentle breeze.


I made a couple of videos so you could hear the river and the birds. The first one was taken standing on the river bank.




The next one was taken from up on a cliff overlooking the river.




I think some of the pictures turned out nice.


Salt_River_2008_04_03

No comments: