Monday, June 09, 2008

Pictures from yesterday's hike

I put pictures from yesterday's hike in a photo album this afternoon. Most are geotagged. I also have a bunch of pictures that I used Photomatix to enhance. Unfortunately, it also enhances the spots on the polarizer lens. I've about convinced myself that I need to buy it. The only problem is that I also found out that I pretty much need to carry a tripod with me if I'm going to use Photomatix. It takes less than a second for the camera to get the three pictures that serve as input to Photomatix, and Photomatix is able to compensate for some camera movement, but some of the processed pictures from yesterday make my eyes water if I look too closely at them.


I have a small tripod that I use for self portraits on hikes. It takes up very little room in my backpack and weighs almost nothing. I really need a full size tripod for the Photomatix pictures, though. My full size tripod is light, but I don't think it will fit in the backpack. At this time of year, I have to have a water bottle in one hand. If I have a tripod in the other hand, I won't be able to swat at gnats (or bees). Such a dilemma.


I put captions on most of the pictures, so I'm not going to talk about them here.


BC_2008_06_08

No comments: