Thursday, June 05, 2008

A slightly cooler day

Yesterday it was very windy. There was a lot of dust in the air as a result. Today there was only a light breeze. I guess the wind had blown some of the pollution away, because the air was very clear. I hiked up to a ridge in Bulldog Canyon. It was very quiet. Not as many bees buzzing around, though I did smell some very sweet flowers now and then.


I saw some lesser nighthawks up on the ridge. They seem to make their nests on the ground. They would fly 20 feet or so and then flop around on the ground as if they were injured. I figured their nest was near by and they were trying to draw me away from it. I tried to make a video of them but they didn't flop around any more. You can hear them making some of their peculiar noises, though. Then, when I was about to stop the camera, coyotes started howling down at the base of the ridge. They were loud enough to get recorded. Anyway, it's late and I'm tired so I'm not going to get the video uploaded tonight. I also have a lot of picture processing to do. I'm trying out some software that I'm thinking about buying. Anyway here are a couple of pictures for now.


BC_2008_06_05

No comments: