Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ethan fire

Lightening during yesterday's storms started a fire on the west side of Phoenix. It's called the Ethan fire. This afternoon at work I thought it seemed like it was getting dark outside. I looked out there and the sun was blotted out by the smoke. Reminded me of the fires we drove through in California last year. I decided to climb Lone Mountain and see if I could get some good pictures of the smoke. On the way up, I came across what looks like a buzzard feather. I was tempted to keep it, but left it there. Here are pictures of the smoke and the feather.


 

 
Posted by Picasa


About half way up the mountain, a refreshing breeze started blowing. Then it blew harder. Then it almost blew me over. I looked behind me and there was a small shower in the distance. It sure was generating a lot of wind. I was concerned about it sending some lightening my way. On a mountain is not a good place to be during a thunderstorm so I headed back down. Here's a video I made when the wind started. It's kind of noisy because of the wind.


No comments: