Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to the desert again

It's been a long time since I've been out in the desert. I felt like I could stand a short walk, so I headed out to Bulldog Canyon. I went in at the Usery Pass entrance, but I didn't get very far. The sand was very chewed up and soft. I just couldn't move through it. I think it got that way from all the ATVs and dirt bikes that race around near that entrance (and that are eventually going to get Bulldog Canyon closed to all vehicles). Anyway, I went around to the Bluepoint entrance. I drove a little ways in and was getting out of the truck when I realized that I didn't have my camera with me. I felt naked. I decided I would have to use my phone camera. It's much better than the last phone camera I had, but it's a lot worse than my Canon. I sure was wishing I had the Canon. There was water flowing in a wash, with lots of tadpoles in it. I took some pictures of them, but it's hard to tell what is in the pictures. I also saw a light gray but with what looked like a fuzzy tail curled up over it's back. Whenever it stopped walking, it wiggled its rear end up and down, like it was fanning itself. It was one of the strangest bugs I've seen in a long time, and I couldn't get a picture of it. Oh, well, here are the pictures I did get.


BC_2008_07_28


I made a couple of videos of the tadpoles, but they seem to be in some format exclusive to Verizon. Google Video doesn't recognize them. Quicktime will play them, but I haven't found anything else that will, yet. Anyway, I guess you can't watch them. Sorry.

No comments: