Sunday, July 20, 2008

Clouds and fishhook pincushion flowers

It's been miserable being stuck in the house. For the past week, by the time I get home from work, my legs hurt so bad I just want to prop my feet up and chill. Today I thought I should be able to drive around and get some pictures of the pretty clouds, though. I was going to use exposure bracketing and Photomatix so that the landscape and the clouds would show up in the pictures. The problem with using exposure bracketing is that a tripod must be used. Normally that isn't a problem, but this sunburn hurts more and more the longer I stand still. I don't like to stop moving more than 1 or 2 seconds. So I would mess with the camera a little, then walk around, then change another setting or two and walk around, and then take some pictures. All that work and I didn't get many pictures that I like. At least not many of the clouds.


There was a pleasant surprise out there. The fishhook pincushion cacti had flowers. I've never seen so many of those flowers before. They bloom very briefly, so it's hard to catch them when they're open. Most of the pictures are of the flowers. Click below to see all of the pictures.


Meridian_2008_07_20

1 comment:

Lauren said...

it's nice to finally look at your blog and not see big, sunburned feet anymore =)