Saturday, July 26, 2008

Clouds

We watched Beowulf this afternoon. While we were watching it, I noticed that it would get dark outside every now and then. Clouds. Maybe there was a storm building. Turns out that they were, but they were up around Flagstaff. We just had puffy little clouds here. They were pretty.


I drove out Meridian road a little ways to get some pictures of the clouds (without houses in the way). Got some pictures of a hanging fruit cholla flower, too. While I was taking pictures of the flower, I wondered if I could make movies in super macro mode. I made a very short movie of the flower, thinking I might get the ant crawling on it. Well, it turns out that I can make movies in super macro mode. It also turns out that there were a lot of ants behind that flower that I hadn't seen, and some of them can move very fast. If you look close, you will see them zipping around. There are some moving slowly, some moving fast, and one or two moving very very fast.




Click below to see the pictures.


Clouds_2008_07_26

No comments: