Sunday, July 15, 2007

A grainy day

That's right; grainy. Explanation below.


Voting has begun on the new format, and so far 100% are for it. Even Ronald Reagan didn't do that good.


Date: July 14, 2007
Time and temperature: Start - 18:36, 102
End - ~20:00, 98
Location: Bulldog Canyon. Here's a link to an old map (with old pictures) of the area.
Distance hiked: About a mile, round trip.
Elevation change: About 200 feet.
The numbers:
0 Can collected (but I saw two)
1 Plastic WalMart bag collected
0 Cactus thorns collected with the bag
0 Deer seen


Ramblings: Remember the picture of the owl from a couple of days ago? I set the "film speed" (I don't know why digital cameras have a film speed setting) to 800 to get that picture. I forgot to set it back to 80, so all the pictures I took on this hike are very grainy. Strangely, the files are larger than usual. I guess it takes a lot of bits to store that graininess info.


I spent most of yesterday playing Halo. I looked outside around 5:30 and thought the clouds looked good for a pretty sunset. Also, my legs felt strange from sitting at the computer so long, so I headed for Bulldog Canyon. I hiked to the top of Spooky Hill (next to Spooky Canyon, a previous post), which turns out to be a good spot from which to photograph sunsets. I also wanted to watch for deer passing by on their way to or from the Salt River, but I didn't see any. In fact, I only saw a few birds. I did hear coyotes in the distance. I also thought I heard a guy talking. I heard that last time I was up there and decided it was just flies buzzing. The voice always comes from the same direction. It could be people riding horses on the trail around Lone/One Mountain. There were people on horses out there somewhere. In fact, some peabrained moronic knucklehead parked his truck and horse trailer right in front of the Blue Point gate. I managed to squeeze by, but a Hummer wouldn't have fit. I bet some desert tour drivers were highly pissed.


Another reason I wanted to be on Spooky Hill at sunset was to watch for deer. There is a heavily traveled deer trail on one side and a not so heavily traveled one on the other side. I didn't see any deer, though.


About those two cans I didn't collect: They are at the top of Spooky Hill, on a gravely slope over a cliff. If I slipped trying to get the cans I could go over the cliff, and then who would update my blog?


BC_2007_07_14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reagan had a LOT more votes than you do. I like the format because it shows the temperature.

Unknown said...

True, but I still have a higher percentage.