Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The other side of Bulldog Canyon OHV area

When we left work today the sun was shining, there were puffy little clouds around, and the sky was very blue. It looked like good mountain picture weather. Also, I thought I might be able to get out to the desert before the Mexican poppies closed up. I decided to go into Bulldog Canyon on the side near the Superstitions.


On the road approaching the entrance, I stopped to snap a few pictures of the Superstition Mountains. I'm glad I did, because a few minutes later a sheet of thick, dark clouds moved in from the northwest and it got dark.


I decided to try driving up a road that Skid and I had been on with our ATVs last summer. Back then I thought that I wouldn't want to take my truck on that road, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be. When I stopped and got out to look around, I thought about how yesterday's short hike had made my chest tickle all night. That and the neighbor's dog barking resulted in me getting only 2 hours sleep. The hill I was looking at was a little steep, so it would make me breathe hard, which would make my chest tickle even more tonight. I just couldn't resist it, though, and up I went. The pictures would have been much better if the sun had been shining, but here they are.


BC_2008_02_20

No comments: