Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mountains and clouds

I spent the day at a seminar at a hotel conference room. I didn't look outside the whole day. I was surprised when I left to see that it was sprinkling. It was very windy on the way home and the air was very clear. I had to go get some pictures.


I kept changing my mind about where I would go. I eventually wound up at the end of Idaho road. I started to hike around the side of some mountains, but they blocked the wind and the gnats attacked. The gnats are really bad after all the rain last winter. There were hardly any gnats last summer, but it was a lot hotter then. I'd rather have heat than gnats. Boy, I really wandered off that time.


Anyway, with the clear air and slightly stormy looking clouds, I took about 116 pictures. I took most of them on the way back to the truck. I would take several of the Superstition Mountains, take a couple of steps, and decide I needed to take a few more. I was playing around with shutter speed and aperture, trying to get the clouds and virga to show up better. I put 66 of the pictures on the web album. I hope you don't get bored.


Idaho_2008_05_15

No comments: