Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another contest!

Late today I saw something I have never seen before. I have never even heard anybody talk about seeing one of these. More about that later.


There were two general topics of conversation at work today. During the morning, it was the guy who apparently committed suicide by running across the freeway. He had to run back and forth several times before he succeeded. In the afternoon, people kept talking about how hot it was. It was only in the 90's. They've already forgotten what hot is. It was only about 90 while I was hiking. The gnats still weren't very bad, either.


I didn't want to do a lot of climbing today (my legs are sore from sweeping the driveway), so I decided to walk around Horseshoe Mountain and Spooky Hill. I forgot how many washes you have to go in and out of on that hike. Oh well, it was fun.


When I was almost back to the truck, I came across something that, as far as I know, is sort of unusual. The recent rain followed by an ATV spinning its tires created the perfect conditions for it. It's difficult to see, and almost invisible in the picture. I tried adjusting color and contrast to make it stand out better. Anyway, whoever can identify it wins a framed and autographed print of the picture of their choice (taken by me). Entries must be sent to my gmail address to count. Leaving a comment on this blog or my web album will result in an email being sent to my gmail address, so that will work. Contest ends at midnight (MST) Saturday, 5/31/2008. Oh, the contest photo is the last one in the web album for this blog. It's labeled "Contest photo".


BC_2008_05_29

5 comments:

Skid Plate said...

wet sand

Skid Plate said...

In case that wasn't it, which it is. Gold, magnetite, quartz, felspar, fools gold, silver, copper, bottle caps, poop, aluminum, oil, spider eggs, tiny meteorites

Skid Plate said...

I think you should send us the full resolution picture.

Skid Plate said...

I think you should download the low res picture you posted on the web and see if you can see what we are supposed to see.

Unknown said...

I can see it in the picture on the web. Like I said, even under the best conditions, it's hard to see. Not because it's small, it just doesn't stand out.