Sunday, May 25, 2008

Someplace new in Bulldog Canyon

It was a beautiful day today. No clouds, and only about 80 degrees, with a gentle breeze. I had to go for a hike, but I was having trouble deciding where to go. I wound up in Bulldog Canyon and was thinking about hiking up that canyon that it seems like I will never get to the end of. I was wandering in that direction but missed a turn and went a little south of there. It was someplace I hadn't been before, so that was real nice. The buzzards circled me on a couple of occasions. I guess I disappointed them, though.


I only hiked about 2 miles, with a 650 foot elevation change, but my legs are tired. They cramped a little when I started downhill, and were about to give out by the time I got back down to level ground. I guess I got out of shape with all the weird weather last week.


I tried to get some people pictures for Suzanne. As usual, though, the only person around was a sweaty old fart who won't smile for a picture.


A really great thing about the hike is that I encountered only 1 or 2 gnats the whole time. It was amazing. Maybe they drowned in all the rain last week!


Here are a couple of videos of buzzards. I couldn't tell if they were smiling or not. In the first video, you can hear an airplane. That's an airplane. It is not buzzards making airplane noises.






Here are a lot of pictures. They don't even begin to show how pretty it is out there, though, but it's the best I can do.


BC_2008_05_25

No comments: