Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hot

I picked a random spot near Tortilla Flat to go hiking on Saturday. It was kind of warm, though (103). I stopped where I could park at the side of the road and headed uphill. There were lots of cool looking rocks up there. I didn't get pictures of all of them, though. For some, I kept thinking I would get to a spot where I could get a better picture, but I never did. For others, I forgot to check until I was past where I wanted to be.



A large, precariously balanced boulder.



A couple of buzzards swooped low to check me out.


I went early because I'm tired of having to cut hikes short because the sun is setting. I think I went too early, though. There was a decent breeze and it dried me out, but it didn't cool me off. The gnats were really bad, too, despite the breeze. Unfortunately, all the shady spots also had the wind blocked. When I skipped taking some pictures because the gnats were so pesky, I knew it was time to leave.



The shadow of this saguaro was the only place with shade and a breeze.



Crossed eyes stereo picture of a rock spire.


Click below to see all of the pictures.


2009_05_09

No comments: