Monday, February 22, 2010

Another rainy day

It rained off and on all day Sunday. When it wasn't raining, there were breaks in the clouds and sometimes there was a little sunshine. It was pretty weather. I drove out to the Lost Goldmine / Hieroglyphic Canyon trail head and wandered a short distance along the trail taking pictures. There were a lot of people on the trail. Some were wearing ponchos. I don't know why some of the others weren't soaking wet. It wasn't raining while I was there, but it had been recently. The trail was very muddy in spots.


The Flatiron.


Clouds on a mountain far to the east.

I got one picture that I really like. It's a pseudo-HDRI, but that isn't what makes it look like it does. After a rain shower, teddy bear cholla seems to glow. I don't know if it's from sunshine on them with dark clouds around them, or because the rain has washed dust off the spines, or what it is. I was walking along the trail and this cholla grabbed my attention (instead of my skin). For once, I think the picture gives an idea of what it really looked like.


"Glowing" cholla.

I took pictures of several more cholla out there, but the lighting had changed. They weren't glowing any more.

Standard cholla.

I wasn't out there long enough to catch any great cloud pictures, though I got a couple I like. Click below to see all of the pictures.

2010_02_21

No comments: