Sunday, June 06, 2010

View from Silly Mountain

I went for a short drive yesterday to get out of the house and maybe take some pictures. I liked the way the sun was shining on the Superstition Mountains and started looking for a good place to get a picture. Silly Mountain was up ahead so I decided to go there.


A bench along the trail at Silly Mountain.

I seemed to remember reading a few months ago that the Silly Mountain area was going to be developed into a bona fide park and not just a place that people stop and do whatever they want. I did a Google search and found out that I had read that article in October of 2007. Hmm. I spent yesterday morning going through a pile of papers that I thought I had dropped on the floor last fall. There was a lot of stuff in there from 2007. I wonder where I've been for the past 3 years.


A view of the Superstition Mountains from Silly Mountain.

There are several trails around the mountain now. The one I had used the last time I was out there (which goes straight up) is blocked off. Since it was close to sunset, I went to a saddle partway up the side of the mountain. I hurried, but I got there too late to get the pictures I wanted. That's OK. I didn't have a plan, and I got to see what's going on at Silly Mountain Park.


Superstition Mountains.

It's a good place to go to get pictures of the mountains now and then, but it isn't the kind of place I would like to hike. Too close to the highway, and surrounded by barking dogs. Click below to see all of the pictures.

2010_06_05

No comments: