Sunday, August 01, 2010

Wet weather

The dew point has been in the 60's and 70's this weekend. I feel damp just sitting here. My milk glass is covered with condensation by the time I take it from the counter to the table. There were showers moving around the valley all day yesterday. The temperature was only in the 90's, but it was too muggy to hike and I didn't want to get caught in a downpour. Higher altitudes were having lots of rain, too, so I didn't plan on doing any hiking. I think it's going to be just as wet today.

I had to get out of the house, though. I drove out to Tortilla Flat to get an ice cream cone. The walls of the store that sells the ice cream are papered with dollar bills.


Dollar bill wallpaper. It didn't cost the store anything but staples because customers donate the bills.

I was surprised to see that water wasn't even close to flowing over the road at Tortilla Flat. I drove on out Apache Trail to where the pavement ends and got out to take a few pictures.


The ocotillos are covered with green leaves. There should be flowers soon.


No sunshine.


Agave flowers.

Click below to see all the pictures from this trip. Scroll down to see a Google Swivel experiment.

2010_07_31

Google Swivel is introduced as something to enable cool looking 360 degree views of something, but it can be used on any group of pictures. I use it here to display a time sequence. Left-click and drag left and right on the viewer below to see how it works.

1 comment:

Adam Elliott said...

Wow that's pretty neat.