Sunday, September 12, 2010

A welcome back to Arizona

I have just returned from about 10 days in Texas. It was good to see family and I enjoyed the peace and quiet at Mom's house. There's nothing quite like drifting off to sleep while listening to a couple of owls hooting in the woods. Anthony's excellent cooking put back the pounds I lost from cafeteria food the night before I left Arizona. I enjoyed watching the 3 inches of rain fall at Mom's house from tropical storm Hermine (she didn't get as much as surrounding areas) and then a few days later, watching the Colorado River rise with runoff. I missed the desert, though. Especially whenever I got out of an air conditioned vehicle and was blinded by foggy glasses or when I got wet with sweat walking to the end of the driveway to take a picture. It feels good to be back in Arizona. It was the same temperature when I got here as it was when I left Houston, but it felt soooo much better.


I stepped outside around 6:30 and the clouds looked like they might make some good sunset pictures. I grabbed the camera and headed up Meridian road. As I walked out to a spot from which to take pictures, I thought about how I should be selective in which pictures I put on my web album. I should just upload the 2 or 3 best. I couldn't do that, though. I uploaded all of them that I like, which is most of them. Click below to see them.

2010_09_12

No comments: