Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Four Peaks

I made another poorly planned trip to Four Peaks today. Maybe someday I'll remember that it takes 3 hours to drive up there and I'll remember to take along some food. It was also cold and windy and threatening to rain up there, so I wasn't very enthusiastic about hiking anyway. Kyle and I did walk about a quarter mile along one trail. There were very nice views of Roosevelt Lake. Couldn't get very good pictures with the overcast skies, though.




The first picture is an almost dead tree. It has one branch up there somewhere that still has some needles. The next two are Roosevelt Lake. In better light the surrounding mountains are much more colorful. The fourth picture is snow. Not a lot of it, but we did see some. I could see more closer to the peaks. All of the snow was on the north side of the mountain.


Next is four pictures stitched together for a long panorama. On the left side you can see Phoenix's polution.


The last picture is a sign at the trailhead at the end of the road. Look closely to see what somebody added to the bottom of the sign. I don't think they enjoyed their hike very much.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't read what somebody added to the sign; I must be blind... =)

Unknown said...

They wrote "15 miles up down up down"