Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back in the desert again

I haven't posted anything about hikes in the desert for a while. I've been kind of busy. Here's one thing that kept me busy:


Pool


The pool had way way too much mineral build up in the water. I think it was about to start forming travertine on the waterfall. Richard and I just found out that you aren't supposed to drain your pool if it's over 85 or the plaster will crack. It was cool this past weekend and was probably going to be the last cool weekend before October. I really wanted to change the water because I haven't been able to use the pool for the past two years. It made my skin itch. It got really green because I wasn't able to balance the water and therefore couldn't maintain any chlorine in the pool and if you get any algae it clogs the filter and you can't circulate enough water to keep more algae from growing and it's a big mess. It looks a lot better now. Enough about the pool.


I have also been very busy at work for the past few weeks. I was able to leave on time today, though, and headed out to Bulldog Canyon as fast as I could. Oh, it was so nice to be out in the desert again. I really missed it. It was in the mid 70's with a nice breeze. Perfect. I went to check out the place that rock climbers like to use there. There aren't any places to attach ropes. Maybe they just wrap them around a rock. Anyway, here are the pictures.


Rock climber spot

I've put some of these pictures on my map of Bulldog Canyon.

No comments: