Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wind, dust, rain, no hike

I had plans to hike deeper into the mountains of Bulldog Canyon OHV area this afternoon. When I was about to leave the house, though, I noticed that it was unusually dark. I looked outside and saw that we were in the middle of a thick dust storm. I decided to drive out to Bulldog Canyon anyway. I was hoping it would clear up by the time I got out there.


Here's a short video of a helium balloon used to advertise some new homes being built near our neighborhood. It's really being whipped around by the wind. You can see that the air is kind of dusty, too.




Here's a few pictures of various things I saw while I was out. Richard called me at about 2 this afternoon to tell me that he saw black smoke coming from the mountains north of here. He probably saw that burning microwave relay station in the pictures. I took that picture at 4.


Dust_storm_2007_04_28

2 comments:

Skid Plate said...

I can't believe there was still flames up there after all that time. I guess there is no way to get a hose up there. Doesn't seem like there would be that much to burn up there.

Unknown said...

If there are any transformers, the oil in them would burn for a long time. There's a road going up there, but I didn't see any people up there at all.