Friday, April 13, 2007

A map!

I've been busy at work lately. Getting home too late to hike. Yesterday, though, I discovered something awesome online. Google Maps now lets you create your own customized maps. You can put place markers on it that have descriptive text and can also have pictures and movies. I've thrown together a map of one of my favorite places to hike (Bulldog Canyon OHV area) to demonstrate. If it opens in map mode, click on satellite or hybrid (in the upper right corner of the map) to see the terrain. Click on the place markers to see the text/pictures. Click on a picture in a balloon to go to the full size version of the picture.


Click HERE to open a new window with my customized map. Be sure to bookmark it and check back now and then. I'll be adding more pictures to it over the next few days. Please let me know what you think. (Click "comments" at the bottom of each post.) I think the customized maps will be a great way to show where I am on my hikes.


Thanks to my friend Steve in H-town, who says last Sunday's mystery bird might be a cedar waxwing. He included this link to a page with pictures and a description of the cedar waxwing.

No comments: