Monday, September 01, 2008

Almost...

I tried to get to the top of another ridge in Bulldog Canyon this afternoon. I came to some cliffs that I couldn't get past, though. Still, it was fun and the scenery was spectacular, as usual.


As soon as I got out of the truck I knew why I had to be there. It was silent. No cars, no air conditioners, no planes (though a few flew over later), to TVs, no dogs barking, no dogs barking, no dogs barking. I don't like barking dogs. There were not any out there. None.


There were a lot of birds hanging around the puddles from last weeks storms. I also managed to get some pictures of a lizard, the first with my new camera. I don't have a telephoto lens yet, so the lizards run away before I get close enough. Except for this one.






There were a few puffy little clouds around when I got out there. Of course, I had to include them in the pictures. Here is a picture exposed for the mountains. The clouds look washed out.




Here it is exposed for the clouds. The mountains are dark.




Here's a pseudo HDR image produced from a single RAW image file.




It looks pretty good, though I have noticed something about the HDR images that is annoying (but I'm not going to tell you what).


I also saw a few mushrooms (they're springing up all over town after the rain). I'll have to work on most of the pictures tomorrow. Click below to see a few of them for now.


BC_2008_09_01

No comments: