Monday, September 22, 2008

The other hill

A week or so ago, I climbed a small hill near Bush highway. I meant to climb two, but I ran out of daylight. Today I went to climb the other one. It's slightly taller. From the top, during lulls in the traffic, I could hear the "rapids" on the Salt River.


Remember the mines I found on the other hill? Well, I found some copper and gold deposits on this hill. I could see lots of copper, and some of these sets look old enough that their ICs might have gold bond wires.


From BC_2008_09_22


I found some bones on this hill, too.


From BC_2008_09_22


I didn't find any big mines, but I did find this shallow depression that somebody made many years ago.


From BC_2008_09_22


There were other signs that people had been there.


From BC_2008_09_22


I don't think those people drove the vehicle that this (chrome body side molding) came off of up here, though.


From BC_2008_09_22


On the highway side of the hill, there's a memorial to Joyce Ann Devree. When she died, she was two years younger than I am now. Gee, that seems so young.


From BC_2008_09_22

Click below to see all of the pictures, including dead trees, fungus, breathtaking landscapes, and deformed saguaros.


No comments: