Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not so fun anymore

I've enjoyed going to the Bulldog Canyon OHV area for years. Lately, though, it sometimes puts me in a bad mood. Actually, it isn't the area itself; it's the people, and the evidence of people. I think that only a very few of the people out there go for the scenery. They go to ride noisy machines to the limits of safety (and sometimes beyond, judging by the smashed plants). The rule to stay on designated roads doesn't suit their idea of fun, so they rip new trails wherever they please. They drop their beer cans wherever they are emptied. They build "campfires" with flames jumping 10 feet high when the posted fire danger is "EXTREME". Well, I could go on and on, but I'll stop my BMW'ing now.


I finally got a polarizing filter for my 18-200 mm lens and went out there to try it out. Clouds moved in, though, and there was almost no blue showing by the time I got out there. I took a few pictures anyway. Click below to see them.


BC_2009_06_10

No comments: