Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sandy and Poopeck

No, I didn't miss-spell poop-deck, but we'll get to that later.

A couple of years ago, I had hiked to a spot on the Salt River bank that was covered with river rocks and as I stood there, dozens of spiders came up from between the rocks. I got a few pictures of them. I decided to go back there to see the spiders again.


I followed vehicle tracks most of the way this time.

There are lots of vehicle tracks over there. The public isn't allowed to drive there, and the public doesn't drive there. I suppose all the tracks are from sheriff's vehicles, game warden's vehicles, emergency vehicles, etc. This is where drunks come to test their survival skills by seeing if they can sit in an inner tube while if floats down the river. It's a challenging task and several drown every year. It's too early in the year for that now, thank goodness. The river is still very low, too.

I did find a few spiders. Maybe it's still early in the year for them, too. I saw very little trash. I think some volunteer group must have cleaned up out there recently.



I saw a few cranes. There's one in this picture. Didn't get any good pictures of them.

I think Sandy and Poopeck were somebody's pets. Their graves were at the edge of a wash. I wonder what it's like trying to dig a hole out there. Most of the ground is very rocky. I suppose the graves were near the bottom of the wash because of the sandy soil there.


Sandy and Poopeck.

Click below to see all of the pictures.

2011_03_26

No comments: