Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bulldog Canyon, 10/8/06

I went for a hike in Bulldog Canyon OHV area today. It was cooler today (85) but humid. There were showers around town earlier in the day. I didn't drive too far into the area. I didn't want to be trapped by a flooded wash if it rained some more. The trouble with being so close to Bush Highway and the Salt River, though, is that you find beer cans and cigarette butts all over the place. I gathered up some cans and other trash while I was out there.

Since this is my first day with the blog and it's late, I'm going to keep it simple and just put a link to my Google web album. Click here to open a new browser window with the pictures.

In the first picture, you can see Bush Highway and the Salt River in the distance. That's my truck parked in the shade of a saguaro. The next picture is a cholla skeleton. I think they look neat.

A lot of the pictures I took were of clouds. When I started the hike there were some clouds on the southern horizon. They looked like they were far away, at least 50 miles. By the time I left (about two hours later), the edges of the clouds were overhead. I saw lots of lightening while driving home and it got very windy, but no rain where I was. You can see the clouds in some of these pictures. There's one goofy pictures with a different perspective on the sunset.

No comments: