Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hike to a ridge in Bulldog Canyon OHV area

I installed the new pool pump motor this morning. 274.21 smackaroos. You would think such a fine motor would last more than a year and a few months.


But that has nothing to do with hiking. This afternoon (I can't seem to get out of the habit of hiking in the late afternoon) I hiked up to a ridge in Bulldog Canyon OHV area. There were a lot of people there today. It was only 76 when I hit the trail and 68 when I got back to the truck. Very nice. Click here to open a new browser window with the pictures.


The second picture shows a major wash that goes through the area. My truck is parked near where a road crosses that wash. There are two things that look like roads. The real road is the one on the right. The two peaks on the left are Stewart Mountain and something else. This picture has almost enough resolution to see the billboard just to the left of the peak on the right. I don't know what that shiny thing is just to the right of the center of the picture.


The next two pictures are of the Fountain Hills fountain. It's a really really big fountain.


I've been up on this ridge before. I tried to show what it was like with pictures, but that didn't work. This time I made some short movies. I uploaded them to Google Videos. Click here and here to see them. Sorry about all the wind noise in the second one. The second one also shows some people on ATVs and a couple of SUVs. My camera will take pictures while making a movie. That's what the click is during the second movie. There are a lot of other noises in that video; the lens cover blowing against the camera, rocks crunching underfoot, wind, etc. No birds singing. The only bird I remember hearing on this hike was a crow. Never did see it, though.

No comments: