Saturday, January 06, 2007

It was a beautiful day today. I didn't think I was going to get Lindsey out of the house before sunset, though. She didn't get out of bed until 12:30. Turns out she wasn't feeling very good. I'm surprised she managed the hike that we went on. It was kind of long. She's tougher than she looks (she's not just a pretty face). We went on the crosscut trail up to the aluminum bench at the base of the Superstition Mountains. In the first picture, the bench is at pixel (1870, 1043). It's very hard to see, though.




The next two pictures are of Lindsey laying on the bench, exhausted. The first one was an accident. I pushed the button before I had the picture composed. The second picture was taken 5 seconds later. Notice the dust cloud that has appeared far off in the background? I wish I knew what had caused that. There wasn't enough wind to do something like that.


The next picture is a close up view of the mountains. If you look closely you will see a red spot near the base of a rock pillar. Turns out that was a chubby woman in flimsey beat up sneakers. She didn't look like the kind of person you would see hiking in mountains. After seeing how fast she got down from there, though, I believe she would run circles around me backwards and that wouldn't even be a warmup for her.


Next is what downtown Phoenix looks like from the Superstitions. The building on the far left is the control tower at Sky Harbor airport.


Last is a helicopter that zoomed by just before we headed back down. Lindsey doesn't think it had anything to do with the dust cloud. I don't see how it could have, either.

No comments: