Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Rainy day, calm evening

We had a rainy day today. Not very hard rain, but it kept the streets wet most of the day. The clouds were breaking up when I got home from work so I decided to drive out to Canyon Lake. There were a lot of cool clouds on the Superstitions but I couldn't get into a good position to get pictures of them. I took a few pictures around the lake and I like them, but they are mostly too dark. I set the shutter speed to 1/50 to keep them from being blurred. It was still hard to stand still enough after scrambling up a hill to get some of the pictures. The air was very calm out there and for once, there weren't any boats zipping around the lake. The surface of the lake was getting smoother. I thought I might be able to get some pictures with reflections but it was getting dark fast, too. Here's one picture of the lake. 1/3 second exposure time. No, I cannot stand that still; the camera was on a tripod.


From Canyon Lake a...

No comments: