Saturday, January 13, 2007

Santan hike

We didn't have good hiking weather today (in my opinion) but I went anyway. The main reason I went was because I was going to meet Greg, a coworker, for the hike. He's a neat guy and I enjoy spending time with him. Anyway, we went for a hike in the new Santan park. I drove by it last summer and have been wondering what the trails are like since then. Also, it's close to where Greg lives. Click on the picture below to open a new window with all of the pictures.




The first picture is downtown Phoenix viewed from the mountains. Boring. I need to quit doing that. Next is a mine entrance with really heavy duty bars over the entrance to keep people out. There were a bunch of mines scattered around. Don't know if the two guys that dug them found anything. In the third picture you can see the side of some of the mountains and a road and mine tailings. There weren't any holes over there. We decided they must have just leveled of the top of the mountain.


Next is Four Peaks and the Superstitions. Last is the view to the south.


There are a few saguaros out there, but not very many. Greg said there have been a few fires.

No comments: