Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pretty clouds

There were some pretty clouds around this afternoon. In fact, on the way home from work, it looked like there was a lot of virga. By the time Lindsey and I got in the truck, though, most of the virga was gone. We went to the south side of Bulldog Canyon OHV area, near Idaho road. I drove just half a mile or so down one of the roads (10) and climbed a small hill to get some pictures. Let's see, there's the Superstitions, Four Peaks, and some mountain that doesn't have a name (but Dome Mountain is behind it).


I tried to talk Lindsey into stopping on the way home so I could get some sunset pictures, but she was too hungry. I was taking backroads home and when I turned from Meridian onto University, I saw a great sunset with palm trees in it. I have never gotten a picture of a sunset with palm trees. In fact, I have almost no pictures of palm trees. I managed to get a picture that doesn't have any traffic, power lines, or street lights in it. I had to stop the truck in a fire lane to get the picture. Lindsey stayed in the truck with instructions to bolt at the first sign of flashing lights. Just kidding. She said it was too cold to get out of the truck.


Three of the pictures have Geotags. If somebody who knows what Geotags are sees this, let me know if you were able to view these in Google Earth.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd be honored if you geotagged these pics and your movies on a map at ourglobes.com - great pics!

i hope i can find people like you to share such cool experiences.

Skid Plate said...

I guess I don't have things set up correctly here at work to tell which pics have geotags. Are you not concerned about copyrighting your pics anymore?

Awesome sunset! It's my desktop now.