Sunday, February 04, 2007

Silly Mountain

I'm not sure if that's what it is called, but that's what the road that goes by it is called. I've driven by it for years thinking that I would climb it some day when I'm feeling really lazy. I always see other people climbing it and I've always wondered what the attraction is. I still don't know. Maybe they like it because it's close to the highway. That's exactly why I don't like it, though. I was hoping that when I got to the top, I would see something spectacular. Nope.


I wasn't feeling really lazy today, but my foot has been hurting a lot ever since I walked back and forth across WalMart real fast last week. I wasn't planning to hike, but Silly Mountain looked like it wouldn't be too bad for my foot.


The first picture shows Silly Mountain. I went up to the peak in the center of the picture. The next two pictures show how close to civilization the Superstition Wilderness is. The first is the high point of the mountains. The second is the Flatiron. That's a gnat in the upper left, not a UFO. The last picture is one of a couple of butterflies that were flying around my head up there. Unfortunately you can only see a small patch of the pretty blue on its wing.


No comments: